Greenkeeper, Bury St Edmunds Golf Club
Established in 1924, Bury St Edmunds Golf Club, Suffolk, is a private members club, boasting an 18-hole mature parkland course and an equally well maintained 9-hole course. The club prides itself on the condition of the courses and this is reflected in the continual investment made into the facilities.
The Club require a full-time experienced Greenkeeper to join our Greenkeeping team to assist in providing first-class facilities to its members and visitors.
Reporting to the Course Manager/Deputy Course manager, the role involves the daily presentation of the course, project work and all other aspects of turf maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and a team player. A proven track record of producing work to a high standard and a good knowledge of modern greenkeeping practices is essential. You will be joining a professional, motivated team dedicated to the upkeep of the courses.
Successful candidates require the following:
- Ideally minimum NVQ level 2 sportsturf
- Minimum 2 years greenkeeping experience
- A positive attitude with excellent communication skills
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A desire to learn and develop within the role
- A good knowledge/interest in golf
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary in line with CGCS recommendations
- Paid overtime for weekday and weekends
- The opportunity for further training
- Staff pension scheme
- Paid BIGGA membership (encouraging participation in educational events)
To apply, please submit a CV together with a covering letter to the Course Manager, Tom Smart at
Follow the team at: ‘Bury St. Edmunds Golf Club Greenkeepers’