Bury St Edmunds Golf Club Website Terms & Conditions
Introduction: These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions do not use this website.
Intellectual property rights: unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights on the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website: You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose; edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed for non-commercial use.
Limitations of liability: The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with this website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with this website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Restricted access: Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password.
We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion or if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of this website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views,
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including email address)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to this website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including email address)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Cookies: A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. This cookie is only set if you choose to allow your computer to remember your Members Area access details.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual use
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data: We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Policy amendments: We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Your rights: You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites: The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Updating information: Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
- You must not use this website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
- You must not use this website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam.
- You must not use this website to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under English and other applicable law. All material you copy, publish or send via this website must not be defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; such material must not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or rights of confidence, impinge upon any person’s privacy, or constitute incitement to commit a crime; further, material must not be misleading, deceptive, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon this website.
We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of unsuitable material, including suspending or cancelling your account, restricting your access to this website, or commencing legal proceedings against you.
In respect of all material that you post on this website, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights.
Our contact details
Bury St Edmunds Golf Club
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP28 6LG